TWO POSITIONS OF ASSISTANT PROFESSOR AT THE DEPARTMENT OF PHYSIOLOGY
CHARACTERISTICS OF THE POSITIONS:
The School of Biological Sciences invites applications for two Assistant Professor positions (tenure-track) at the Department of Physiology. The positions are full time and subject to periodic academic evaluations by the School of Biological Sciences, as established in the academic regulations of the University. Selected candidates must demonstrate capacity to develop an
independent, extramurally funded research program in the field of Neuroscience, Renal Physiology or Cardiovascular Physiology.
The University and the School of Biological Sciences promote collaborative work with researchers from other disciplines, as well as links with industries when is appropriate.
• To perform research at the highest scientific level.
• To teach effectively courses at the undergraduate and graduate levels. In the first year, the insertion of the selected candidates in research activities will be favored and teaching responsibilities will gradually increase from the second year.
• To complete the APPLICATION FORM available HERE
• To have a Ph.D. and posses postdoctoral training.
• To demonstrate ability to develop an independent research program that allows to the candidate to obtain extramurally funded research support on the short term.
• Undergraduate and graduate teaching experience is desirable.
• All the information requested in the Application Form, which includes curricular information, a brief description of his/her
research (4,000 characters including spaces), and a proposal of academic insertion indicating date (month and year) from which he/she would be available to be incorporated into the Faculty (maximum 8,000 characters including spaces).
• Five PDF reprints of the most relevant publications.
• Two confidential letters of reference that must be sent directly (via e-mail) to the Academic Secretariat of the School of
• A copy of the Ph.D. degree and a track record of postdoctoral training.
• Quality of the scientific production.
• Level of expertise on the research area to be developed at the School of Biological Sciences.
• Feasibility of development and integration at the School of Biological Sciences, according to the description of his/her research and academic proposal presented in the Application Form.
ELECTRONIC SUBMISSION OF THE APPLICATIONS:
Address: Academic Secretariat, School of Biological Sciences, Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile; e-mail:
Deadline: December 27th, 2016.
Questions: Dr. Xavier Figueroa, Academic Secretary, School of Biological Sciences, Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile; phone: (56-2) 2354-2356; e-mail:firstname.lastname@example.org; web site:http://www.bio.puc.cl.